Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Summer Project Update 2 (A Rollercoaster of a Week)

As I sit down and try to reflect on the past week since last Wednesday, I seem to remember both very awesome and very not so awesome events that have taken place. First off, I sit down and write tonight with a beast of a cold that has been warring on the past few days, making work hardly bearable. I've been doing my best to get extra rest as of lately to try to fight off this cold. I'm probably blowing my nose about every 10 minutes which easily makes it the one of the worst cases of a runny nose I've ever had. On top of this, yesterday I got off work to find that my car wouldn't start. I had to have the car towed which was a very stressful experience. After everything was taken care of my car ended up at a shop about 3 blocks down the road from the grocery store I work at, which turned out to be a huge blessing. A little while after finding out that my car had died I prayed over the situation with a few other guys from project that were giving me a ride back to project grounds to. Sure enough God saves the day again. With the help of my dad and AAA, I was able to get my car to a shop that as I said before was about 3 blocks from work which set up perfectly for me to be able to pick up my fixed car after I got off of work today. So in the midst of a stinky situation, I gave control over to the Lord and He took care of me once again. He just continues to bless me time and time again! As far as the sickness goes, I'm trusting that He's got me taken care of in that as well and that He has a bigger plan that I can't see at the moment.

Putting my cold and the car trouble aside, I wanted to touch on my highlight of the past week. Two nights ago I went out sharing with my friend Alissa and Andrea, another girl from project. We went to go share with someone we casually meet last week. We found him and started to talk to him about his new job and such, but he had to go. We then ended up chatting with his coworker Bree, who had an interesting background. The conversation with Bree didn't go too far. He explained to us his spiritual background and current beliefs and that was pretty much it for the conversation. But what I was taken aback by was how filled with the spirit I was as we went sharing that night. I could just feel His love and feel Him with me as I went out. What a joy it is to walk confidently in the Holy Spirit and His power! There is just simply no feeling like it! As the girls and I prayed throughout the night, I just felt the Lord speaking through my prayers. I went to bed that night filled and empowered by the the Lord and it just felt so good. 

I'm really looking forward to the rest of the week. I play on the Thursday night worship team for the first time tomorrow night and I'm pumped for that. I'm also extremely excited for more opportunities to go out sharing after my experience the other night. He has built up my confidence to a point where I am not afraid to go anymore. If my God is for me, than who can stand against me? It's been really awesome to see how the Lord has been working in my heart in this area during the past week. That wraps up this week's post! I hope you all are encouraged and blessed by my stories as always! Have a great rest of your weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment